Sunday 2 February 2014

EXCITING TIMES

Hello everyone

The blog has its first follower - welcome Poppylocke, your work is really beautiful.

I am running a raffle at the first event (possibly others) and am very pleased to say I already have some lovely local Godalming business people taking part.  The raffle will be drawn on the day of the event and if any stallholders want to take part, please let me know.  It's another great way to promote your work.

Another busy week for me Surrey Independent Markets - lots of new sellers coming on board, which is really great.  Still space for regulars, but spaces for jewellery sellers are filling up fast.

I have spent the last few days working on a new banner for the Godalming events, as well as new business cards for Surrey Independent Markets.  Here is pic of the new banner - although as I change the layout every five minutes, this may not be the final design:


I have been busy adding the event details of websites - I know that not everyone uses the Internet but its the best place to get advance notice taken of the markets.  A few of the places details have been added to are:

Where Can We Go

Friday-ad (it will run for one month on this site and then be renewed

The Best Of

If you know of places that are good to advertise in (or on), please let em know.  I know all of us involved in the Godalming Market Events want to make them a big success, so join in the marketing and promotion with me.  Reading and comment in this blog helps, because it pushes it up the Internet rankings.

A mini post this week, lots of Independent Market work still to do, plus with my other hat on, CPC Wedding Stationery, I have two wedding fairs to create stationery for.

Don;t forget to get in touch if you would like to be a guest blogger here, lots of lovely free promotion as I will tweet your post every day in the week following publication.

Have a great week.

Jill

1 comment:

poppylocke said...

Hi Jill, thank you for your welcome and kind words! I'm a freelance illustrator and have been living in Godalming for a little over a year now, and would love to start getting involved in arts and crafts markets (not something I have ever done before!)

So I've enjoyed reading your blog posts, and it sounds like you're doing a great job of organising and promoting everything! I would be really interested in hiring a table in April I think - but I will mail you about this seperately.

Many thanks,
Stacey