Sunday 19 January 2014

UP AND RUNNING

Hello everyone

This is my first blog post on the new Independent Markets blog and I am really looking forward to a very exciting year arranging craft and gift events.  A big thank you to Anna Matthews for all the great work she did in 2013 and for handing over such a well organised business to me.  I have inherited a list of fantastic stallholders and I am looking forward to working with them and also to welcoming new sellers on board too.

The aim of this blog is to share the experience of the Independent Markets with both stallholders and customers, so please feel free to comment and if you would like to be a guest blogger, that would be great.  This is an extra place for you to promote the products you will be selling at the Godalming events.  I will also use this blog to add links to websites, articles and blog posts that I feel may be of interest to both customers and stallholders.  If you come across information that you would like me to publish on this blog, please do get in touch with me; this may be something you feel works well at craft events or great ideas for promoting what we make and sell.  Please remember to ask permission of the owner of the article, website or blog before you recommend its publication on here.

Anna had plans to hold markets in other venues outside of Godalming and I will continue with this.  She had already identified some other great places which are ideal for our sort of market, but if you know of any other venues in Surrey that you think would be suitable, please let me know.  Ideally we want somewhere that is either in or very close to a shopping centre or in a residential area, has plenty of parking and is well known.  I stress well known because there are some venues that are poorly sign-posted and this cans affect the footfall.

The dates for this year's events at the Godalming Borough Hall are as follows:


Saturday, 5 April 2014
Saturday, 7 June 2014
Saturday, 6 September 2014
Saturday, 4 October 2014
Saturday, 22 November 2014
Saturday, 6 December 2014

I hope to be posting on this blog at least once a week, so do come back to catch up with the progress of this year's events.

Have a good week everyone

Jill

No comments: